According to Luke, I enjoy a good trainwreck. I guess, in some ways, this is true. Sometimes, I just can't help myself.
This is most true when I read articles on cnn.com and (formerly quite frequently and now only sporadically) on stltoday.com. I will read the article (or just parts of it, to get the main idea) and then scroll down to the "Comments" area. Never have I posted my own comment, but I always form what I would respond to the often ignorant people who post. I get so upset by what they have to say, as many come across as uneducated or just plain idiotic. My ire towards these anonymous commentors settles into my stomach and I slowly (internally) grow more enraged as the day progresses. Finally, I spill my ire to Luke and he says, "Why do you even read those. People are dumb." So the next day, I just don't tell him about my ire.
I do the exact same thing. When I got pregnant I joined babycenter.com for the info, but then I found out that they have an online community with message boards. I used to read them all the time and just wonder, "Are you serious?!" I mean no one in their right mind would say something like that. It seems like it's just a way to bring a little drama into my life that I can easily walk away from. =) Plus, you just can't look away.
ReplyDelete