Friday, July 22, 2011

Not so newishness...

...But I'm keeping the title, because there are always new things going on.

Some of the newishness:

1. I didn't really blog about this last year, as it was happening, sorry. Luke didn't pass the core exams at the end of the first year of the Econ Ph.D. program, which meant he could do the next year of the program and receive his masters, but he could no longer pursue a Ph.D. in Economics at IU. Our lives were a bit up in the air. We bought a house, and received the tax credit, meaning we needed to live in the house for two more years before we could sell it and not have to pay back the money. He looked at a couple of his options here, and the one he decided to pursue was this. It was a long fall and winter of waiting to know what life would be like for this fall, but in March we found out that he was accepted! I think it will be a really good fit for Luke and look forward to the new friendships we'll form with his fellow students.

2. I'm going back to school! Part of our plan for living in Bloomington was for me to get a Masters in Library Science. One of the benefits of working for Indiana University full-time is that I receive a tuition reimbursement for classes that I take. As of this week, I'm officially registered for fall classes! After finishing undergrad, I never thought I'd be excited about going back to school, but I'm so ready for this.

3. I'm playing softball. I think this little tidbit deserves it's own post, so I'll save the good stories for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment