Monday, December 6, 2010

MIA

So, I've been a little MIA around these parts for a few months. Lots of things have changed in our lives, some good, some really, really hard.

Since September, I have worked three different jobs. I am currently only working one (praise God!). Here are the jobs I've recently done:
  • Borders associate: I sold coffee and books (mostly coffee) at the Borders in Bloomington. I worked there all summer and my last day of work was the Sunday before Thanksgiving. The store is going out of business the first week of January and I didn't feel it necessary to work through the holidays for a severance check that probably would have been about $20 (since October, I only worked at Borders once a week).
  • The Center for Survey Research electronic materials processing assistant: I was a "seasonal" employee here. There are many, many things I could say about the CSR, but I'll refrain. I will miss my co-workers there, with whom I could be very snarky and laugh about very mundane things. I worked at the CSR during the 09-10 school year and went back in October because Luke and I couldn't live off of my less-than-full-time/barely-above-minimum-wage job at Borders.
  • Economics Department office services assistant: I am now employed full-time by Indiana University! I'm basically the receptionist for the Econ Department, which means I get to see Luke during the day! Today is my first full day (I have a bit of free time with which to blog), which also means I am now eligible for IU benefits. I feel like a grown-up again: I dress up for work, have good health insurance, and don't feel the need to be constantly looking for a new job.
We have a kitten! Meet Skywalker:

Bringing Skywalker to his new home.
He's about three months old right now, loves to cuddle and play, and has almost completely stopped climbing up our legs.

2 comments:

  1. Skywalker is an awesome name for a kitten. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you. I read through all your old blog posts once I got blogger, and am happy to see your update. Miss you. <3

    ReplyDelete