Jill: Mrs. Haugland was my fourth grade teacher and Mr. Haugland was my PE teacher. He gave me my first ever C.
Luke: Did you deserve it?
Jill: No, he just didn't like me.
Luke: I'm sure. Did you pay attention in PE?
Jill: Yeah, but we didn't do fun things. He made us play volleyball. And I'm afraid of volleyballs.
Luke: Haha.
Jill: They really shouldn't grade people on how good they are at specific sports. I sucked at volleyball, but I was really good at square dancing and tinikling and parachutes.
Luke: Parachutes?
Jill: Yes! They were awesome!
Luke: We didn't play with parachutes after we were five. There's really only one game you can play.
Jill: Whatever. Parachutes are awesome. Besides, you shouldn't grade a fourth grader on how good they are at volleyball.
Luke: Did you pay attention?
Jill: I figured out how to do the funky feet.
Luke: What are the funky feet?
Jill gets up and shows him really cool footwork.
Luke: You weren't paying attention. I give you a B.
(Later.)
Luke: Okay, show me the funky feet again. I wasn't really paying attention.
Jill: You get a B.
I was paying attention. It takes most people more than one time watching a dance move to be able to mimic it. I get an A.
ReplyDeleteAlso, C's aren't bad... I got quite a few C's in handwriting, until my teacher's realized that I didn't care about it. Then I just got N/A
My teacher should have realized I didn't care about volleyball.
ReplyDeleteI love these kinds of interchanges. Jon likes to write them down too and email them to people. Thanks for sharing. I hope you two are doing well. =)
ReplyDeleteTinikling - I love it! And I also was very good! :D
ReplyDelete